9.08.2009

Fashion Week



FASHION WEEK is here everyone! I am so excited! You should too! For those of you who do not know what Fashion Week is(I'm pretty sure you have to be a hermit not to know) but anyways here is a brief history lesson. Fashion week which is held in New York at the infamous Bryant Park twice a year, for each season Spring is starting this week and Fall is in Febrauary!Every year designers showcase their collections for the upcoming seasons to the attendees celebrities,editors,buyers, journalists and socialites! The show is an invitation-only event and the designers are responsible for the list! The event is held throughout the week with shows that run until the evening. Divine isn't it? Yes, it really is. Oh and let's not forget the volunteer oppourtunities! I've wanted to volunteer for Fashion week, since I can remember. I started sending my resume in freshman year and I am a senior now...yea. But I am going to keep sendinf my resume in because I want to experience this event before I graduate, it would be wonderful addition to my resume. It does make me think...I should have went to LIM, FIT or Parsons...but aahs well, thats how we do it in fineland!


However, this year Fashion Night Out is kicking off fashion week. Fashion's night out is where stores participating in the event such as Manolo Blahnik, Balanciaga, Bebe and Barney's New York will stay open late so you can shop until you drop, literally. Some stores will be serving champagne and having makeovers, limited edition merchandise, and contests! This event is marked to be the largest shopping event in history! I wish I was attending but due to certain circumstances, I won't be there ;( But I will be getting info via twitter!

No comments:

‘I don’t live in the future. I live in the moment.’